Open Range Grass-Finished
Straight talk about open range grass-fed and grass-finished cattle:
- The cattle are raised exclusively on unconfined pastures.
- They are never fed grains, corn, animal by-products, bakery by-products, potatoes or sugar beets – just 100% grass and hay.
- The cattle are never ever given any growth hormones or antibiotics at any point in their lives.
- Great Northern supports humane handling techniques to put as little stress on the cattle as possible.
Why the doc’s say you should eat grass-fed and grass-finished cattle:
- Grass-finished beef is lower in total & saturated fat.
- Grass-finished beef is higher in beta-carotene, calcium, magnesium & potassium. It is higher in vitamins A, B, E & riboflavin.
- Grass-finished beef is higher in total Omega-3’s and CLA’s. It has a significantly healthier ratio of Omega-3’s to Omega-6’s.